The Cheese & Chilli Festival
1st & 2nd July 2016, 10am – 4pm
In the new space at Leeds Markets
People are passionate about cheese, and get really fired up over chillies!!
This mini-festival lets you taste some amazing cheese, sample some fiery chillis, and discover how these ingredients are brought to life – with tasty, tantalising products, produce and presentations.
The event – supported by Hammerson – will be located in the stunning and spacious new indoor space at Leeds Kirkgate Market. This is the first ever Fromage and Fire – and it promises something delicious for everyone!
A collaboration between popular cheese club Homage2Fromage and the extraordinary Chilli Shop, Fromage and Fire will showcase the very best cheese available, and the most amazing chilli products in the world, with fun competitions, demos, exhibitions and tasting stations where you can sample a wide range of cheeses and chillies, sauces, chutneys and pickles of every intensity…
Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd July from 10 – 4
Retail stalls including Pudsey Pickles, George and Joseph, The Chilli Shop, The Food Academy, and Bradburys…
- 12-1 White rind cheese – soft and unctuous, fresh and goey…
- 1-2 Washed rind cheese – a bit smelly, with smooth texture…
- 2-3 Hard cheese – the big guns of cheese, nutty and delicious…
- 3-4 Blue cheese – something a little special…
- 11- 12 Death by Chocolate – Chilli Chocolate tasting
- 12-1 Hot Toddy – Chilli Alcohol tasting from the worlds hottest beers, ciders, wines and vodkas.
- 1-2 Dangerous Sweets and Bush Tucker Trial (the only legal way to hurt kids)
- 2-3 Saucy Hour (rude and hot ones in ascending heats)
- 3-4 Jamming – the Chilli Jams and Chutneys that go with cheeses
Friday 1st July
- 10 – 12pm Decorate a pot and plant a chilli in it!
- 10 – 12pm Live cheese making demos…
- 1pm – 2pm The Great Chilli Challenge – on stage – teams of people from businesses across Leeds compete to see who can win The Chilli Challenge Cup – TICKETS HERE
- 4pm – Seminar: ‘Markets and Marketing – how to use market stall mentality to boost your sales’ – TICKETS HERE
Saturday 2nd July
- 1pm – ‘Bush Tucker’ Competition – chilli meets creepy crawlies!
- All day – Is this the World’s Hottest Chillli Cheese – Taste it and see…
- Discover new cheese
- Try some amazing sauces, chutneys and pickles
- Find out just how hot you can go
- Discover the amazing variety of cheese
- Meet local Leeds businesses who work with these amazing ingredients
This event is supported by Hammerson.