LFDA News May 2014
Filming with Nigel Slater
Our Member, Lynn Hill (founder of Clandestine Cake Club) spent yesterday filming with none other than Nigel Slater! The programme is a special documentary all about CAKE (excellent), and will be shown on BBC4 around December time. We are also glad to report that Nigel is just as lovely as he seems on TV.
Grubstakers Launch Event
We are very excited to be kicking off our Grubstakers scheme with a fantastic event on Thursday 1st May. The evening will be a food & drink collaboration run by some of our Members. There are still a couple of places available, so to be in with a chance of grabbing one, sign up to become a Grubstaker now. We have some great offers from our Members coming up for Grubstakers too… and once you’re in, it’s a lifetime Membership!
MAY EVENTS FROM OUR MEMBERS
Homage 2 Fromage
The next cheese club event is on 8th May 2014 and will be full of Spanish delights. Book your tickets here.
Cena Sarda Supper Club, by Mario
My next event is ‘Cena Sarda Dining Club’ on the 10th May.
This will be a ‘Cena Sarda Pescatore’. A fish themed evening, and as fishermans son, I will be using all my own family recipes.
As this is a ‘Secret Dining Club’, this is the only information I can give at the moment.
This is a £35 per person with a £10 deposit and can be booked at www.olianas.co.uk
Full details with menu and location is usually given a couple of days before the event.
Noise of Strangers Supper Club
May 21st & May 22nd, Leeds
***Join The Noise of Strangers for the first of our fantastic pop-up restaurants.
The Noise of Strangers are a group of Leeds based folk who will be hosting pop-up events based around our passion for seasonal food and drinks all brought to you in the most unusual of locations.
One of Leeds’ most highly regarded and talented chefs has created a menu which highlights the best of local produce and stands up to an already impressive venue.
**Details of the venue will be released soon, we will say however that it is easily accessible and has ample parking.
The Apples Live: Israeli nine piece Funk band The Apples play live at Smokestack on Tuesday 20th May!
Advance Tickets £9 available from Smokestack, Jumbo Records& Crash Records. (Over 18’s Only)
Yorkshire Wine School
- Sun 4th May – Wset Level 3 Award In Wines & Spirits (Leeds):7-day Course £595.00 – 10 places left
- Tue 6th May – World Of Wine- Spain, Portugal And Italy (Leeds) £25.00 – 8 places left
- Sat 10th May – Saturday Introduction To Wine Course With Lunch In Leeds £75.00 – 15 places left
- Tue 13th May – World Of Wine: South Africa And Usa (Leeds) £25.00 – 10 places left
- Mon 19th May – The Beginners Guide To Italian Food And Wine (Leeds) £30.00 – 10 places left
- Wed 21st May – Summer Seafood And White Wine (Leeds) £35.00 – 4 places left
- Thu 22nd May – Introduction To Wine Tasting (York) £22.50 – 14 places left
- Sat 24th May – Wset Level 2 Award In Wines & Spirits (Leeds): 3-day Course £295.00 – 11 places left
- Tue 27th May – Summer Champagne And Sparkling Wine Tasting £30.00 – 10 places left
- Wed 28th May – Introduction To Wine Tasting In Leeds £22.50 – 12 places left
I have a live events page on my website:
You can click through and see details of what each session is about.
Evening sessions are 7pm-9pm, WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) are 10.30am-5.30pm, Intro Saturdays are 11am-4pm all Leeds events are at the Radisson Blu apart from the Italian Food and Wine Workshop which is at Livin’Italy on Granary Wharf. York events are at Hotel du Vin.
May Madness from Dish
Three great offers from Dish available throughout May! Click the links to get the vouchers…